Maple syrup adds wholesome sweetness to breakfast. Vermont maple syrup is a delicacy in itself and it is suitable with far more than just toast.
FREE small cheese pizza from Tuesday
3 Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tbsp olive or other vegetable oil
2 cups coarsely chopped spinach leaves
1 Small onion, chopped
1 cup shredded cheese of choice
Salt and pepper to taste
Maple syrup to taste
1. Heat the oil in a skillet, on medium-high.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cook chicken until thoroughly cooked, 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. Remove chicken. Set aside.
4. Keep liquids in the skillet. Add the spinach and onion, cooking until spinach wilts and union begins to turn clear. Drain liquids.
5. Heat oven to 300°F.
6. Chop chicken. In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, spinach mixture and shredded cheese.
7. Separate each slice of pizza on a baking sheet.
8. Spread chicken mixture on each pizza slice. Warm in oven until shredded cheese begins to melt. 10 to 15 minutes.
Garnish with a zigzag strip of maple syrup poured on top. Roasted, herbed potatoes make a perfect side dish. ~ Eat Well!
You may also enjoy –